Re: [K12OSN] merger of Red Hat Linux with Fedora Project

On Wed, 2003-10-01 at 13:17, Les Mikesell wrote:

> I know the ltsp is a separate package, but what I meant was that
> there should be a canned ISO install of RH+ltsp that could be
> done without getting the education-related stuff unless you
> check another box during the install.  The network, pxe boot, XDCMP,
> etc. would be the same for any thin client setup.  As long as
> an education-oriented guy is doing the excellent job of building
> the iso it is probably extra work to split them but if others
> get involved it would make sense to have something that would
> be as much at home in an office as a lab, then have a bundle of
> education related apps that can be dropped in too.

Yes, the edu apps are there by default. If you don't want the edu
apps, don't take the defaults ;-)

To remove them after installing, under System Settings click on
"Add/Remove Applications". The education programs are down at the
bottom.

-Eric