RE: [K12OSN] PXE vs Etherboot

> So I have a few etherboot boxes (non-PXE) and I would like to control
> them just the same (as my PXE boxes) without making any nbi images.
>  Using several nbi images would require me to modify the dhcpd.conf
file
> and notify the dhcp server each time I want to load a different OS on
an
> etherboot box.  With PXE I do not have to modify the dhcpd.conf file
> load a different OS, I only modify the soft links in
> /tftpboot/pxelinux.cfg/.

When I am developing and don't want to cycle the dhcp server I simply
copy one file over the other.  My dhcp server has the file name set to
Etherboot rom, I simply copy files over that file name.  You could
always keep the files in tftpboot and create a symbolic link to the
correct file.  The dhcp server simply looks for the filename.  It does
not care what it is

Tim