[K12OSN] Knoppix to boot from a PC into LTSP

The knoppix CD steps as outlined by Les below is a great help, but in my case I get more "X and Gray Screens" than not. The default K12LTSP 3.1.2 server I've been testing this method with I guess is used to 17" monitors, and when I test 15" Dells (or laptops), the gray screens appear - anybody has a quick settings fix to allow both 15 & 17" monitors to boot?
cheers
Alan Hodson
El Paso ISD, TX
-=o=-

On Tue, 2003-09-30 at 13:13, Ken Johnson wrote:
Can I/ How can I - use my laptop as a workstation on my classroom K12LTSP
 > Network?

If you don't mind typing a couple of things as it boots
you can use the Knoppix CD to boot about anything.
At it's boot prompt enter:
knoppix 2
 so it won't start X and it's own desktop.  When it
gets to the shell prompt enter:
X -broadcast
 if there is only one server on the net, or
X -query servername
 to get the graphic login prompt from the specified server.

---
  Les Mikesell
   les futuresource com