Re: [K12OSN] Knoppix to boot from a PC into LTSP

On Wed, 2003-10-01 at 23:48, Dennis Daniels wrote:
> if you figure it out I'd like to know too! I've got the same problem!

If X starts at all, I don't think the problem is related to
the screen.  It is more likely the network side. Either
it hasn't detected the network card or gotten a DHCP response
(ifconfig -a will show the network settings and you should
see eth0 with a reasonable network address), or there
is a network problem reaching the server.  (XDCMP isn't
enabled or a firewall blocks it - but that would affect
all of the thin clients on that subnet).  Can you let knoppix
come up normally with the desktop running locally and
ssh to the server?  That would narrow the problem down
to XDCMP if everything else works.

---
  Les Mikesell
   les futuresource com