[K12OSN] Help! Ownership and permissions of /home

Help!

Not sure of the best way to proceed.  I have a permissions issue with the
home directories on my Samba/LDAP server that I am exporting to the
K12LTSP box.  Each directory is owned by it's own user but they're set for
777.  Others can't delete or change anything because they're not the
owner, but they can view.  I need to change all of the individual home
directories within /home so that they are only visible by me (root) and
the user....and that's it.  What's the best way to do this?  I have 2
groups....one called users and one called staff.  Should I change them all
to 700?  What's the best way to do this so that it propagates to all the
folders in /home?  I'm not totally clear and don't want to screw it up.

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Coordinator
Vassalboro Community School
dtrask vcs u52 k12 me us