[K12OSN] Thin clients

My file/application servers are RedHat 9, LTSP 3.1.1.
I have the thin clients seeing my servers now, which
is great, but when the first screen comes up there is
an error:

Could not lookup internet address for
ss03.madison.ppsnet.local

This will prevent GNOME from operating correctly.  It
may be possible to correct the problem by adding
ss03.madison.ppsnet.local to the file /etc/hosts

I had originally setup the server with this address,
but I had changed it to ss03.madison.ppsnet

Can you tell me where, it is seeing this and how I can
change it.

Also, after several minutes, the thin client just
blinks out and then comes back to the login screen
which is really distorted.  Any suggestions as to what
is happening.

Thank you for your help.

Jennifer