RE: [K12OSN] Instant Messanger

Just one concern.  Folks could still download the gaim src from, say, Sourceforge, unpack it in /home/studentdir, and compile/run it.  So, I would also recommend doing chmod 500 on /usr/bin/gcc, /usr/bin/g++, and /usr/bin/make.  Those who actually know how to install a compiler in their home directories are folks that you will have trouble stopping in any case (not impossible, just challenging).  But this ought to take care of 99.9% of 'em.

--TP