Re: [K12OSN] How can I hide other /homes?

dtrask vcs u52 k12 me us wrote:

Ok....now that I've gotten all the home dirs on my Samba/LDAP box
"chmod-ed" to 700....I'd like to find a way to hide them from
everyone...except that the logged in user will see only his/her own home
folder. This would come in handy with OpenOffice when the kids try to
import graphics from their home folder....other wise they have to scroll
through everyone elses...I'd like it so they can only see theirs....any
ideas?

No ideas for hiding the home directories, but here's a tip for helping kids find graphics
in their home directory:
When they select Insert/Graphics/From file, it brings up the Insert Graphics dialog,
which initially points to /usr/lib/openoffice/share/gallery, but subsequently points to
whatever location was selected previously.

To get to their home directory quickly they only need click the "default directory"
button, the third of three yellow folder buttons along the top of the dialog box.

  "Oh scholar, if your scholarship benefits not Mankind,
   you deserve not admiration but contempt." -- Kahlil Gibran