Re: [K12OSN] Educational Games

On Fri, 3 Oct 2003, Bill Kendrick wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 03, 2003 at 08:29:01PM -0400, Access Systems wrote:
> > does Tux Typing support Dvorak keyboard layout.
>
> I'm admittedly not too familiar with Tux Typing, but I poked over
> to the T4K site for it.
> I didn't see it mentioned in the Features page.
> The only thing I found in the Forums was this:
>
>   http://tuxtype.sourceforge.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=28&highlight=dvorak
>
> ... where someone was suggestiong Dvorak be supported. :)
>
> I'm sure Sam & the rest would appreciate help from people willing to code
> this, if it's needed.  (e.g., if the OS layer can't handle what you need)

wish I could code, but the OS handles it as a normal part of installation,
BUT I wish typing students would have the option of using the DSK, (Dvorak
Simplified Keyboard) I used it for over 10 years and it is the greatest
thing since Linux......

the problem is all the exercises and practices are designed for the Qwerty
keyboard layout and are little help in Dvorak.

Bob

safety deserve Neither liberty nor safety",    Benjamin Franklin
    NO HTML/PDF/RTF in e-mail                   accessys smartnospam net