Re: RE: [K12OSN] K12ltsp vs. SMEserver

k12osn redhat com writes:
>Am I missing something here?  I've just recently setup a SME Server and
>decided to use the 6 beta 3 version.  I've never used SME Server before
>but I was able to get it working no problem with LDAP support right out
>of CD.

When you say...LDAP support....were you able to authenticate against it?
Are the samba users part of the same account?  I want my samba users
(Windows) and my K12LTSP users to be one in the same....one home directory
regardless of platform.  That's what I'm doing now.  No users exist on my
K12LTSP box.....they live on my SAMBA/LDAP box and I simply make the
K12LTSP box authenticate to the SAMBA/LDAP box and export the home dirs
via NFS from the SAMBA/LDAP box and mount them as /home on the K12LTSP
box.  I currently use a stock RH 9 box for it using openldap...etc.  I'd
love to be able to use an SME server as I LOVE the simplicity and ease of
use.  I have 3 SME servers now....one web...one proxy/gateway....and one
former PDC...soon to become something else.  Let me know your findings on
version 6 beta 3....I just downloaded and burned it...hope to load one up
on Monday.

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Coordinator
Vassalboro Community School