Re: [K12OSN] K12ltsp vs. SMEserver

k12osn redhat com writes:
>I haven't installed the 6 beta 3 version so there might be more than
>I know about already included but I don't think anyone has bundled
>both the client and server side of LDAP for authentication yet.

I wonder if it would be worth trying to cobble what Eric has done thus far
into SME....would mean editing a bunch of the templates.  It would also be
nice if someone could simply code up a panel for the web interface to
enter values for the server and domain stuff.  I have a how-to posted at
http://www.vcs.u52.k12.me.us/linux  to set up a samba LDAP server....I'm
currently using one....unfortunately it's all based on the Samba 2.27
stuff.  My understanding is the 3.0 schemas are all quite different.

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Coordinator
Vassalboro Community School
dtrask vcs u52 k12 me us