Re: [K12OSN] K12ltsp vs. SMEserver

From: "David Trask" <dtrask vcs u52 k12 me us>

> I wonder if it would be worth trying to cobble what Eric has done thus far
> into SME....would mean editing a bunch of the templates.

If it can be done well, Mitel would probably incorporate it into SME.
I've suggested it on their developer list but never had time to tackle
it as a project and expected the Samba schema to continue to change
anyway.    The client side should be very easy for authentication; perhaps
a little harder for email routing.   Would you abandon the SME user
administration screens completely in favor of some existing LDAP manager
on the server side?   A year ago I thought the SME web form would not be
too hard to modify since it is already building an LDAP entry but now there
are several LDAP viewers/editors around that might be better.

The next problem is that to use SME as a server for Linux workstations
you'll want NFS as well as samba exports.  Has anyone tried installing
apt pointed at an RH 7.3 repository and installing other things with it?

---
    Les Mikesell
      les futuresource com