Re: [K12OSN] Ellsworth High School

k12osn redhat com writes:
>Do you all live in Maine?

I am from Maine.....Linux is getting quite big in Maine....lots of schools
using Linux servers....in particular SME/E-Smith....several of us using
K12LTSP or LTSP....with more hopping on board everyday.   Maine ain't the
technology backwater that some might think (I still get asked as to
whether or not we have running water up here....)  Maine has outfitted
every single 7th and 8th grader (and their teachers) with laptops (iBooks
running OS X...all wireless).  Program will probably grow into high school
next fall....so in a few years every single kid in Maine schools...grades
7-12 will have a laptop.  All of us have had to adjust to having hundreds
of laptops dumped onto our networks overnight....this has lead many of us
to explore Linux proxy servers and so forth....thus the advent of Linux.
As many of you already know...once Linux takes hold....it's becomes too
much fun...so you begin exploring ways to use Linux more...such as
K12LTSP.

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Coordinator
Vassalboro Community School