Re: [K12OSN] k12ltsp release future?

I'm going to disagree here.  I prefer bleeding edge, but I also understand
peoples fear of upgrading.  I upgrade every summer...regardless....it's
easy to do so I simply do it.  Last year I did a major version upgrade in
February during school vacation (actually I did it Friday
afternoon...after-school and then went home and enjoyed the weeks
vacation...simple).  This isyear I'm not even going to hesitate for the
most part if there is a major version upgrade.  I'm already up to 3.12
using apt.  The trick is....Samba/LDAP.  That's where we need to
concentrate our efforts.  Since none of my users live on my K12LTSP
box....there's no reason for me to worry about the upgrade.  I
atuthenticate everything to the Samba/LDAP box and the users and home dirs
are exported via NFS.  Doing a MAJOR upgrade of the K12LTSP box is as
simple as backing up my configs (lts.conf, dhcpd.conf, icewm configs, and
any other major changes you've made) and wiping out the current
installation and throwing the new CD's in to do the new installation.
Then you simply restore the configs, restore the NFS "import" and you're
back in business (in less than an hour).

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Coordinator
Vassalboro Community School
dtrask vcs u52 k12 me us