Re: [K12OSN] k12ltsp release future?

Indeed.  I'm one of those who believes "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."  I still run K12LTSP 2.1.2, and though Red Hat won't support RHL 7.3 after December, that doesn't mean you cannot keep your server upgraded, or that it's all that difficult to do so.  For example, I recently upgraded OpenSSL and OpenSSH to the very latest due to the recent security holes--compiling from source really isn't that hard.  Also just upgraded OO.o to the new 1.1.0--wasn't that tough (basically, ./install and repoint a few icons).  Heck, I still run a mail server on RHL 6.2 (the apps, e. g. Postfix and Courier-IMAP, *are* the latest versions, though), simply because it was easier to deal with.

Experience, both on the enterprise side and the desktop, has taught me that you don't have to run the latest, greatest platform all the time, and sometimes you can't without breaking some apps.  That doesn't mean I'm not looking forward to seeing what happens with the Fedora project--don't get me wrong.

--TP