Re: [K12OSN] k12ltsp release future?

>From: "Eric Harrison" <eharrison mail mesd k12 or us>

>  I'm a big fan of Debian, don't get me wrong, but
> it is simply not geared to be an "appliance" system that we're trying
> to accomplish with K12LTSP. If I handed a high school CS teacher, who
> has never even seen Linux before, a Debian boot disk and told them
> to GO FOR IT without any further instructions - I would assume that
> they would fail to get it installed.

I thought that too until I saw Knoppix, which is Debian based and you
can hardly fail to make it work.   One way to install Debian is to copy
Knoppix to the hard drive (there may even be a menu choice for this
now) and install anything else you want with apt.   But, I think Fedora
is going to work out and have a larger base of users.

---
   Les Mikesell
     les futuresource com