[K12OSN] K12ltsp Setup for a backup machine?

Allo,

How is everyone doing today?  I'd like to once again
a) thank everyone for the help they've given me so far
and
b) ask what may seem to be a trivial question as I seek wisdom from the list.

I'm just waiting for my server to be built (taking too long!) and I decided to
start work on one of the other components of the network; namely, a backup
server. I've read the list and now know how I'm going to create a copy of the
server's hard drive on this other machine across the network. The backup
machine is a PII with a huge hard drive that will just mirror the servers'
drives every other night or so.  My question is this: What setup of linux
should I install on it? I'd like to start gaining experience with the K12ltsp
software, so it makes sense to do that - but I don't know what setting to pick.
Is it a server, client, k12ltsp server, basic RH, or none of the above?

Thanks kindly,
Joseph