[K12OSN] Re:K12ltsp wirelss

  I need more info on
wireless and k12ltsp.

what do you want to do ?

/steve

Hi Steve, I did not mean to suck info out of the group, planned to search the archive, BUT since you asked :)

Issue - writing lab for the English department -

Here is my rough design. Cart with a K12ltsp server on it with say 20 - 24 laptops ( screen, boot device, keyboard, pointing device, wireless device, and battery, oh and an access point ) printer on the cart. Roll in the cart, plug in the cat5 from server nic1 to the building network, pass out laptops, open OO and type papers.

Or an access point per English classroom wired back to two k12ltsp servers in a nice safe room with air conditioning.

We have been using SO6 and OO for 1.5 school years and the transition is almost complete and painless. A thin client laptop with OO and mozilla will meet the needs of our English staff.

Thanks,
Tom Ventresco