Re: [K12OSN] Re:K12ltsp wirelss

Reply below...

Using the Laptops as X-Terminals ?  ooooo, 802.11b won't really do
that.  *one* terminal over wireless is okish.. a bit laggy.  two
terminals.. horribly laggy.  20 terminals!!  forget it.  The problem is
channel contention.  That many transceivers will spend more time arguing
than co-operating.
What about installing knoppix on the laptops, and configuring them to
backend to your Server ?  That would work well, since you are not
stuffing heaps of X down an impossibly small gap.

Yikes, I am in over my head then. I like the knoppix idea, I am diggin that.
I am sure most IT people are in the same boat - everything you add to your district is another thing you must take of - I am going to take your advice and check out the knoppix way.

Again my thanks,
Tom