Re: [K12OSN] K12ltsp Setup for a backup machine?

Joseph Bishay wrote:

I'm just waiting for my server to be built (taking too long!) and I decided to start work on one of the other components of the network; namely, a backup server. I've read the list and now know how I'm going to create a copy of the server's hard drive on this other machine across the network. The backup machine is a PII with a huge hard drive that will just mirror the servers' drives every other night or so.

We use/like rdiff-backup for a similar scenario.

rdiff-backup.stanford.edu

The k12ltsp wiki has a few other backup schemes that people have used. Check it out:

http://k12ltsp.org/phpwiki/index.php/Technical%3ABackups

-Dan Young
-Parkrose School District