Re: [K12OSN] Boot error message and server stops loading

On Tue, 2003-09-30 at 13:41, John P. Conlon wrote:
I ave had this happen about 3 times in the last month.  Shutting off the
server and restarting it seems to clear the error but I'm afraid of this
critter growing into a monster in the future.  Anyone with any suggestions ?

Here is the error message that appears on the screen:

Code: 0f 0b ee 04 b5 59 26 c0 80 bf 01 01 00 00 20 74 0c 8b 74 24
<07> Kernal Panic: Aiee,  Killing interupt handler!
Interupt handler not syncing

This is a fairly generic error.  It might pay to snatch a copy of /var/log/messages after this too - just to have a rummage and see if anything is related.

check your CPU fan is running, remove and re-insert your RAM, check power cables inserted firmly, case temperature not too high etc etc..  clean the case out..

/steve