Re: [K12OSN] top, w, who - Incorrect reporting

On Tue, 2003-10-07 at 21:29, Martin Stevens wrote:

> w - doesn't show all of the users that are on the system.
>
> who - again doesn't show all of the users.

broken.  8-/  currently being looked at.  There was a
fix/workaround/hack for this just recently.  Someone involved will
probably comment.

> top - I have dual processors in my server, but for some reason it is
> showing up as I have four processors. When I had only one processor it
> showed two processors, it also shows 4 processors when I do a cat
> /proc/cpuinfo

ooooh, (licks lips) you have two of these kewl new hyper-wotsit CPUs
that look like two CPUs..   two times two equals four!   8->

what does `dmesg` say after a recent boot ?

/steve