Re: [K12OSN] Making the mouse work on K12LTSP?

On Tue, 7 Oct 2003, Hedblom Daniel wrote:

> Hello!
>
> We have installed k12ltsp at our school and it works really nice! The
> clients authenticate against our Netware server and fetch /home etc from
> the Netware box. Managing linux has never been this easy ;D
> The clients is running circles around the windows boxen we have. If this
> trial is successful we might switch most boxes to k12ltsp.
>
> One problem i have though is to get the clients to properly make use of
> the scroll mouses. I have edited ltsp.conf and added:
>
> X_ZAxisMapping = "4 5"
>
> It doesnt work so i was wondering if anyone of you have made a sucessful
> attempt?

It depends on the specific mouse, but you might try setting

    X_MOUSE_PROTOCOL = "IMPS/2"

Or, if you have a wireless optical Logitech mouse like mine,
try setting this:

    X_MOUSE_PROTOCOL = "MouseManPlusPS/2"

btw: I don't have any X_ZAxisMapping set, and the scroll wheel works
great.

Jim McQuillan
jam Ltsp org