Re: [K12OSN] Emergency...please help

On Tue, 2003-10-07 at 09:54, David Trask wrote:

> How can I find the culprit?  I'm desperate here as this has all my users
> data on it....I've obviously screwed something up.

Likely problems are a mailbox accumulating email forever (perhaps
system messages warning you that disk space is getting low...) or
system logs that are being truncated properly.

Doing 'ls -lrS' will give you the file sizes in the current
directory, largest last, so try that in /var/spool/mail and
/var/log.  Some things in /var/log have subdirectories so
a 'du -s *' might also be useful there.

I'd recommend a reboot at the first opportunity after correcting
the problem.  Some normally running programs may have stopped
because of the write errors.

---
   Les Mikesell
    les futuresource com