From: David Trask [mailto:dtrask vcs u52 k12 me us]
Sent: Tuesday, October 07, 2003 11:58 AM
To: K12OSN redhat com
Subject: [K12OSN] Thanks...this is truly what the Open Source community is
all about

Thanks...this is truly what the Open Source community is all about.  I feel
like a "doofus" for not figuring it out earlier....I was borderline
panicking....thus I wasn't thinking.  You guys managed to calm me down and
got me to see how numb I was with regard to the "root" partition.  Of course
it was fulll.....it ain't that big to begin with...duh!  Oh well....I was
afraid I had messed up my RAID as I had been fooling around with some of my
hot-swappable disks yesterday (hey...I live on the edge)
Your advice (and the new commands I learned) allowed me to calmly (key point
here) go in a check my files....turns out I had some big log files and a few
other things like "mindi" images.  My / partition is now back to 80% and I'm
back in business.  On the plus side....my users were still able to log in a
do stuff with their home directories....this is a problem that took me about
12 hours to catch.  When I went to the server to log in from the server
console...I noticed that X wasn't running.....(due to insufficient space).
Anyway....you guys were a lifesaver and this is truly the best "tech
support" anyone could ask for.  My heartfelt "Thanks"......

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Coordinator
Vassalboro Community School
dtrask vcs u52 k12 me us