Re: [K12OSN] change runlevel in lts.conf doesn't !

On 7 Oct 2003, Duane Wilson wrote:

> I want to boot my terminals into runlevel 3 for diagnosis.
>
> I went to lts.conf and changed RUNLEVEL=3

WHich section of lts.conf ?

If you put it in a specific workstation section, like '[ws001]',
it could be that the workstation doesn't know it's own hostname.

Try putting it in the '[Default]' section.  Then once you get
a bash prompt, type:  'hostname' and see what the workstation
thinks its name is.

If you are assigning Ip address dynamically from a pool of addresses,
then the client doesn't have a hostname.  So, instead of using the
hostname in the lts.conf file, you can use the MAC address.

That would be like this:

  [00:E0:40:01:EB:02]

      RUNLEVEL = 3

Of course, you'd substitute your MAC address for the value above.

Jim McQuillan
jam Ltsp org