Re: [K12OSN] Thanks...this is truly what the Open Source communityis all about

David Trask wrote:

k12osn redhat com writes:

On Tue, 2003-10-07 at 10:57, David Trask wrote:

I was afraid I had messed up my RAID as I had been fooling around
with some of my hot-swappable disks yesterday (hey...I live on the edge)

Don't assume you haven't just because things still work. A
cat /proc/mdstat
will show if all the parts are still there.

---
Les Mikesell
les futuresource com

This looks OK to me....(I think)

[root spongebob root]# cat /proc/mdstat
Personalities : [raid1]
read_ahead 1024 sectors
md1 : active raid1 sdb1[1] sda1[0]
     104320 blocks [2/2] [UU]

md0 : active raid1 sdb2[1]
     28667904 blocks [2/1] [_U]

md3 : active raid1 sdb3[1] sda3[0]
     2048192 blocks [2/2] [UU]

md2 : active raid1 sdb5[1]
     5020160 blocks [2/1] [_U]

unused devices: <none>

NOT OK. Notice that md0 and md2 only have one working mirror. And there is no indication that resynchronization is in progress either.

Try these two commands:
raidhotadd /dev/md0 /dev/sda2
raidhotadd /dev/md2 /dev/sda5

Then cat /proc/mdstat should show the resync progress.

David N. Trask Technology Teacher/Coordinator Vassalboro Community School dtrask vcs u52 k12 me us (207)923-3100