Re: [K12OSN] Thanks...this is truly what the Open Source communityis all about

On Tue, 2003-10-07 at 12:48, Christopher Johnson wrote:
> David Trask wrote:
> >This looks OK to me....(I think)
> >
> >[root spongebob root]# cat /proc/mdstat
> >Personalities : [raid1]
> >read_ahead 1024 sectors
> >md1 : active raid1 sdb1[1] sda1[0]
> >      104320 blocks [2/2] [UU]
> >
> >md0 : active raid1 sdb2[1]
> >      28667904 blocks [2/1] [_U]
> >
> NOT OK.  Notice that md0 and md2 only have one working mirror.  And
> there is no indication that resynchronization is in progress either.

You could try:

raidhotadd /dev/md0 /dev/sda2

and cat /proc/mdstat again to see if it starts rebuilding your array. Do
similar for /dev/md2.

<aside>
Yeah, is it just me or should /proc/mdstat give some sort of dire
warning here?

An underscore doesn't exactly scream "your RAID array is broke", given
that's what it means in this context. Not quite as verbose as "lpX on
fire". ;-)

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=102893054014512&w=2

-Dan Young
-Parkrose School District