[K12OSN] Another run at sound

Finally have some more time to diagnosis my sound problem.

Below is  a clip from a prior thread that I would like to pick up if I
could again impose upon all of you.

Groan. Okay, let's do some real down-and-dirty hacking.

First, try booting the terminal in runlevel 3. In
/opt/ltsp/i386/etc/lts.conf
change "RUNLEVEL = 5" to "RUNLEVEL = 5". This will boot you to a
command prompt. At the command prompt, type:

OK, I got to runlevel 3 - a bash prompt on the terminal

        ps auxw | grep esd

If this returns something like:

        472 root     S   /bin/esd -public -nobeeps -tcp -port 16001

then ESD is running on the terminal. ESD *should* *not* be running
in this case, let us know if it is.

YEP,  It is running but it souldn't be.

Next, type:

        ps auxw | grep nasd

If this returns something like:

        469 root     S   /bin/nasd -aa

then NASD is running on your terminal. NASD *should* be running, let
us know if it is not.

NO it is not running, but it sould be.

Show me haw to turn off esd and turn on nasd then I will do the rest of
the exercise.

Thanks,
Duane

Reset "RUNLEVEL = 5" back in lts.conf & reboot the terminal (or just
run /tmp/start_ws to skip the reboot).

If NASD is indeed running, we'll have to debug the user-space script
/etc/profile.d/ltsp-esound.sh. Let's start by using a bare-minimum
script and work backwards from there.

Move /etc/profile.d/ltsp-esound.sh to a safe place, such as /root/
Make a new /etc/profile.d/ltsp-esound.sh containing the following
lines:

        #!/bin/sh
        LD_PRELOAD=/lib/libaudiooss.so.1.0
        export AUDIOSERVER="$DISPLAY"

Make sure the script is executable:

        chmod a+x /etc/profile.d/ltsp-esound.sh

Now reboot the terminal and report back whether or not sound works.

If things go horribly wrong, just move the original ltsp-esound.sh
script back to /etc/profile.d/

-Eric