Re: [K12OSN] cups-lpd not accepting requests from remote systems

On Wed, 8 Oct 2003, Guy Lessard wrote:
> If i understand well, your dumping cups for lpd. You need to run
> redhat-switch-printer (available on rpmfind.net).
> Check that the lpd file in xinet.d states disabled = no.
> When you make changes, dont forget to restart the lpd server.
Guy,
	i removed cups and installed lprng. there is *no* lpd file in
xinetd.d, and i don't even know how it should look like. lpd is enabled in
services and says everything is hunky-dory on restart. This is really bad.
I am open to advice on how to make cups push a file with control codes
(not ps r strict text) to the printers - i tried all the sane settings
under printtool, but the files get rejected as bad. julius