[K12OSN] Help! Major LDAP breakage....

Same server...different issue.  here's what I know so far....my LDAP/Samba
appears to be broken to some degree.  I discovered it when I went into
Directory Administrator....only a handful of 600 users showed up.  Using
Barry Smokes script or smbldaptools....I can no longer change passwords
and so forth for users...I get the following message

[root spongebob conf files]# smbldap-useradd.pl mbriggs
ldap_add: No such object
        matched DN: "dc=vassalboro,dc=org"
        additional info: parent does not exist
ldif_record() = 32
/usr/local/sbin/smbldap-useradd.pl: error while adding posix user mbriggs

I'm not even sure where to begin...I've checked all my scripts and configs
and they seem fine.  Something broke along the way and I need to rebuild
it.  On the plus side....my users still exist and can log in....I just
can't see them....and executing Directory Administrator or running smbldap
commands seems to crash LDAP and I have to restart the service.  Where do
I start....what do I need to look for?

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Coordinator
Vassalboro Community School