Re: [K12OSN] Newbie Question

On Thu, 2003-10-09 at 11:57, R. Daniel Shyne wrote:
> What the heck is webadmin?  How do I use it or, at least find instructions
> on how to get into it.  I know it installed but, that's as far as I go.
>
> Thanks for your patience!

heh, no problem.  Webmin (note spelling) is a web administration tool
for most Linux Systems.  It seems to work well with K12LTSP.

When you are looking for any new package, always check, in this order ;

a.  spelling is correct..  ;-)
b.  package is on your CD-Set
c.  apt-get <package-name>
d.  google for a RedHat-9 package
e.  ask on the list (here)
f.  build if from source - install with "checkinstall"

Much of the time, you will not get past {c} and five minutes later you
are in business, testing said package.  8-)) some of us never get past
{a}

Welcome to Linux.  8-)

best,
Steve