Re: [K12OSN] Upgrade Advice Needed (please)

On Thu, 2003-10-09 at 12:58, John Baillie wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I had thought that maybe the crossover plugin might be the answer for
> sites that use java / flash / shockwave.
> Codeweavers provided us with a full version for testing purposes and
> evaluation. At this point I'm not sure it will work well enough in a
> terminal server environment to warrant the expenditure.
>
> What does it take to run 20 terminals per server and these shockwave
> flash activities?

I see about 300MHz of processor go out the window for each loaded SWF
site.  Java is worse still, often loading the Server heavily.  Sure,
verynice cuts the load back, and for *one* user with a SWF site loaded,
the system is still usable..  but 20 terminals...  <gulp>

I have never used crossover.

I think you will have to run the browser locally to do this.

/steve