Re: [K12OSN] top, w, who - Incorrect reporting

On 9 Oct 2003, Steve Wright wrote:
> > Righty'o now gonna be looking at getting LOCAL_APPS working for
> > hopefully mozilla and Open Office, as these two apps really kill the
> > server when everyone logs in at once.
>
> I am looking forward to seeing this on list.  It looks to be a good
> solution.
Steve,
	when I take a piece of paper and a pencil and take a good lok at
top, I come to the conclusion that running local apps, especially as
demanding as oo is counter-productive if you can get a decent server. with
local aps you loose the benefits of shared memory, buffering and fast
processors, instead you need to build up the clients. this just does not
compute. julius