Re: [K12OSN] Booting

I'm already using the floppy start method with the built in NIC.  THe motherboard is about two years old and I was just wondering if I could make it start the other way.  I double checked the BIOS settings and I can't find anything that will allow me to change the settings to DHCP/BOOT.  Thanks anyway.
Bye
Pat

Terrell Prude', Jr. wrote:
How old is this motherboard, and is there any setting to tell it to look for a DHCP/BOOTP server?  If not, I suspect a new NIC may be in order.  Since "Novell servers" run IPX/SPX, DHCP/BOOTP doesn't even come into the picture, so LTSP doesn't have a way of even talking to it.  The OSI Layer 3 addressing in IPX is significantly different than in IP.

You may be looking at picking up another NIC for this box and using an Etherboot or PXE floppy.

--TP