Re: [K12OSN] auto detecting ether boot CD was: Thick Clientupdate

On Thu, 2003-10-09 at 16:46, Les Mikesell wrote:
>From: "Steve Wright" <paua quicksilver net nz>

> > All of our terminals have hard drives so we were planning to write the
> > software, detect the nic and write the image to the HD in one swoop. Maybe
> > we need to take a hard look at what knoppix does.
>
> The problem is, once the Kernel and initrd have loaded, it is rather
> difficult to kick them out and reload another.

Knoppix has it's own pxe remote boot that works that same on a diskless
client as from the CD.  Has anyone looked at duplicating their network
boot technique from the k12ltsp server?

thanks for that.  I will dig out my knoppix CD and boot a terminal off it...

/steve