Re: [K12OSN] top, w, who - Incorrect reporting

On Thu, 2003-10-09 at 13:45, Steve Wright wrote:

> It may be then, that a quad 3GHz xeon + 4G RAM is a usable server
> solution.
>
> Should the Terminals be 900+MHz / 128M RAM, It may also be that local
> apps is a solution.

Has anyone investigated openmosix to spread the load either among
all the participating machines or just a selected set of servers?
I got as far as booting the 'clusterknoppix' CD with one client
and finding out that the server doesn't join the cluster of
network-booted clients so I couldn't see anything interesting.
It seems like it would be a nice fit with k12ltsp because it
doesn't need any configuration on the network-booted machines.

---
  Les Mikesell
    les futuresource com