Re: [K12OSN] An OpenOffice 1.1 rpm for K12LTSP 3.12?

On Thu, 9 Oct 2003, Dan Young wrote:

>Eric Harrison said:
>> On Thu, 9 Oct 2003, David Trask wrote:
>>
>>>An OpenOffice 1.1 rpm for K12LTSP 3.12?  Just wondering as I'd like
>>> to upgrade and not break all the defaults.
>>
>> There is one in Rawhide, but it does not behave the way I would
>> expect. I have not had time to look at it yet, it might just be me.
>> Your milage may vary.
>
>Is this the 1.1.0-2 release? That's supposed to fix the
>openoffice-libs upgrade problem that was present in the initial
>rawhide release. Not sure if that is to what you are referring.

I updated to the latest build this morning, 1.1.0-2 sounds right.

The main thing is OOo does not register with the GNOME menus until
after you have run it for the first time.

Create a new user, log in as them. No OOo icons on the panel, no OOo
entries in the menus. Pop open a shell, run oowrite or one of the
other OOo apps, and the OOo entries appear in the menu.

-Eric