[K12OSN] Athlon-nvidia chip-rh9

I had a perfectly good server running nvidia chipset with athlon.. For whatever
reason printing stopped....i did an upgrade to rh9 which left ltsp working but
default kernel seems to be using all resources..i switched to athlon kernel
whivh seems ok but van't get ethernet nforce driver installed without a make
error in the tar.gz..there is far as  i know no nforce rpm driver for the only
redhat athlon kernels i  could find and the tar.gz does not work. Anyone have
any experience with this sort of problem. i have tried 2.4.20-20.7 and
2.4.20-20.9 athlon kernels. I even tried to revert to 2.4.18-14 stock rh kernel
which worked in this install until printing problem surfaced  but the system map
must have changed with rh9 install CHuck