[K12OSN] Permission Denied

I have been trying to log in as one of my 1,400 users
and I come up with this error.

Please contact your system administrator to resolve
the following problem:

Could not open or create the file
"/home/jwaters/.gconf-test-locking-file"; this
indicates that there may be a problem with your
configuration, as many programs will need to create
files in your home directory.
The error was "Permission denied" (errno = 13).

I need to get these people onto the system, I have
over 40 thin clients and over 1,400 users who cann't
log onto the system.  Anyone have any ideas?

Thank you for your help.

Jennifer