Re: [K12OSN] Cannot log into server as root or anyone else

On Sun, 2003-10-12 at 07:54, Jennifer Waters wrote:
I am having major login problems.  Earlier I was not
able to login as anyone expect root.  Now I cannot
login as root.  I tried to change the root passwd, and
I am now getting a new error.

I cannot give root a new passwd because it is coming
up with this error:

sh-2.05b# passwd
Changing password for user root.
passwd:  Authentication token manipulation error
sh-2.05b#

My computer is totally hosed at this time, please if
anyone has any answers let me know.

Jennifer,

can you please connect to the IRC help channel.  We can hopefully find you some urgent assistance.

start your chat program and point it to   irc.freenode.net

Join group #ltsp

/steve