[K12OSN] Workstation too slow

Hi,

I just want this forum opinion about my case.

I have 1 server (K12LTSP) and 10 workstation. The configuration are :

- ATI Hub 16 ports

- Server :
  AMD Thunderbird 1.13 Ghz
  SDRAM 512 MB
  NVidia TNT VAnta
  2 of SMC Card (RTL-8139C)
  4.3 GB Seagate Hard Drive

- Workstation :
  486 DX-100 = 3 units | Pentium 100 = 2 units |
  Pentium 233 MMX = 3 units | AMD K6-2 75 Mhz = 2 units |
  RAM beetwen 8 MB to 32 MB
  S3 Trio64+
  Intel EEPRO-100

My problem is that on 9 workstation need to have swapfile to run level 5 ( i use 48 MB swap on lts.conf) but still the process to open application like terminal or Mozilla is too slow, even on Pentium 233 MMX using 32 MB RAM.

But strange that on one workstation using DELL Optiplex (Pentium 100 and 16 MB RAM) i don't need to use swap and the process is fast like i do it on server. Maybe someone on this forum can give the best configuration about using above hardware, please do so.

FYI, on dhcpd.conf i only change the MAC Addresses and IP, and on lts.conf i use :

XSERVER            = XF86_S3
LOCAL_APPS         = N
USE_NFS_SWAP       = Y
SWAPFILE_SIZE      = 48m
RUNLEVEL           = 5

except for workstation using DELL Optiplex, i did not configure anything on lts.conf.

HELP!!  Please!

Iwan