Re: [K12OSN] Workstation too slow

On 10/12/2003 at 7:59 AM Terrell Prude', Jr. wrote:

> Those 486's--are they running Intel EEPro 100's as well?

Yes.  And all 486's i use have PCI slots

> Also, I recommend replacing that hub with a full-duplexing switch.

I will try it later using my friend switch because my boss just bought this HUB and maybe he will think again to buy a switch.  Do you have another suggestion beside replacing the hub with swicth that can increase the power of workstation ?

> Finally, what I would do is add some DRAM to those workstations and not do NFS swapping.

It's done but still have slow performance

-- Iwan