Re: [K12OSN] Workstation too slow

Do let us know what the results are when you get a chance to plug everything into a switch.  At this point, I'm thinking that's the issue, even though the Pentium-100's are apparently doing fine.  We've checked everything else--screen savers, X Display Manager server, and so on.  Server memory should be OK; for just nine clients, 512MB should be enough for at least acceptable--if not speedy--performance with GNOME, and certainly so when using IceWM.  If adding a switch turns out not to make any difference, then you'll have me stumped on this one.

Keep us posted.

--TP