Re: [K12OSN] Workstation too slow

OK, here is my trial and error on my problem :

Step 1 :
- Shutdown the screensaver and using GDM
- At lts.conf, all swap answer is "N" for all workstation

Result 1 :
- All workstation have the K12LTSP login screen
- On nine workstation that have 8 MB RAM, everytime i try to login using
  each username dan password, take me back to login screen
- On DELL workstation that have 16 MB RAM, i can login to GNOME or
  IceWM with sucess.

Step 2 :
- All config still the same
- Try one of workstation that have 8 MB RAM to use crossover cable connection
   to server

Result 2 :
- The problem remain the same, can't login to GNOME or IceWM and take me back
   to login screen after a few flash screen.

Step 3 :
- Replace HUB with my friend EDIMAX's Switch and all config still the same

Result 3 :
- The problem still the same but on DELL workstation the performance more better

Step 4 :
- Upgrade RAm to 16 MB to all workstation

Result 4 :
- 3 workstation have Kernel Panic and the other can login to GNOME but have bad
  performance

Step 5 :
- Still searching and waiting another suggestion from this forum :)

-- Iwan