Re: [K12OSN] can't ssh into server

I did that, actually, and yes, sshd is running.

Petre

Martin Stevens wrote:
ps -A | grep ssh

On Mon, 2003-10-13 at 16:51, Petre Scheie wrote:

I installed k12ltsp ver. 3.1.1 on a new server this weekend. During the installation, I chose the Medium security level and told it to allow incoming ssh, http and mail connections. The installation went fine, but I couldn't ssh into the server from another box. I could ssh into the box from itself, which tells me that sshd is running and accepting connections, just not from outside itself. So, I logged in as root, chose Security Settings from the menu, and just turned off the firewall. No joy, still couldn't ssh in. But I didn't like not having an firewalling, so I set it back to Medium. But now the clients stopped stopped booting; I think they were not getting an IP address from the dhcp. Logged in on the console as root, and noticed on the firewall settings that allowing incoming dhcp connections was not checked, so I toggled it on, but still the clients wouldn't boot. So, I turned the firewall off, and now the clients boot, but I have no firewall, and I *still* can't ssh into the box. I assume the Security Settings/Firewall GUI is just a front-end to the iptables rules, but perhaps not, as I don't seem to be getting what I expect when I make changes in the GUI. Any suggestions?

Petre