[K12OSN] My LDAP emergency resolved

OK....first thanks to all for all their help.  Thanks to Christopher
Johnson for taking time out on his way home to stop by and help me out.  I
basically had to reload the server as the damage was done when I ran out
of disk space....took me a while to realize it.  Fortunately I was able to
salvage all the home directories and copied them to an NFS share.  I then
reloaded the server and applied my Samba/LDAP configs "which I had stored
on another server".  I redid my user list....tweaked it a little....and
ran the script that created them all along with home dirs.  Then I copied
the original home dirs back.  Running the user script again fixed all my
permissions and I was back in business.  Ok....it wasn't that simple as I
did a lot of stupid little things along the way, but I'm back in
business....and I learned a lot!  I'm amazed though how quickly
(theoretically) I can restore that server.  No data was lost...only thing
was the users passwords have been reset.  Again....thanks!

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Coordinator
Vassalboro Community School
dtrask vcs u52 k12 me us