Re: [K12OSN] Linux Newbie Needs Help

Skuseth, Sarah L. wrote:

I attempted to make a boot disk <bootdisk.img> the file was too big to get
on a diskette (file was 1.4mb - disk will only take 1.38 through windows and
through dos). I burned a boot disk and XP cuts in and say it doesn't have valid security.

IOW, I'm getting no where fast.

Sarah: Use the program called Rawrite to make the bootdisk from Windows. (it should be on one of the CD's you've just burned). If you can't find it on the CD, just go online and get it from here ...

http://uranus.it.swin.edu.au/~jn/linux/rawwrite.htm

Richard K. Ingalls,
Technology Coordinator

old: awm002 mail connect more net
new: ringalls glenwood k12 mo us

"A day without sunshine is like ... night."