Re: [K12OSN] OT: VPN articles

I would recommend http://www.freeswan.org and http://www.cisco.com.  The former is a kernel/userland combination showing how to make a GNU/Linux box into a VPN gateway.  On the latter, they use Google as a search engine, so use "+VPN" and also put in "-concentrator" and "-PIX", otherwise you'll get deluged with a bunch of product plugs for the (expensive!!!) VPN Concentrator and PIX Firewall series.  Both Web sites are very informative.

When you're done with that, head on over to http://www.openbsd.org/, and they'll talk about how to do VPNs with OpenBSD.

I have used all three of these to help teach me about VPNs in general.  Hopefully they help you as well.

--TP