[K12OSN] Image not being read

Hi everyone.

Thanks so much fo everyone's help on the boot disk issue.  Rawrite took care
of making me a good boot disk.  My installation disk WILL NOT boot into
installation.

I'm trying to install Linux 9 (shrike?) but it's not reading my installation
disks.  I did run media check and everything came back fine.  I also tried
copying all the disks to the hard drive I've partioned for linux use, but I
have _no idea_ how to tell it where to find the files.  I get:

/dev/hda1
/dev/hda5

Directory holding image:

I have no idea what this file naming convention means.  My files are in d:
Linux\Installation Files.  When I enter this information it says it can't
find it.  When it gives me 'other options' then it is asking me to load some
kind of driver.

Could someone please direct me to a step-by-step hard drive installation
process (this includes exactly how to copy the files to the hard drive i.e.
should it be three separate folders or just one.

OR, if someone could direct me to download the EASIEST linux installation
available.

Thanks,
Sarah